Codes of Isshinryu
1. A person's heart is the same as heaven and earth.
2. The blood circulating is similar to the moon and sun.
3. The manner of drinking and spitting is either hard or soft.
4. A person's unbalance is the same as a weight.
5. The body should be able to change position at any time.
6. The time to strike is when the opportunity presents itself.
7. The eye must see all sides.
8. The ear must listen in all directions.
Fitzgerald's Dojo Codes
1. All things flow through your ability to defend yourself. Your ability to protect yourself will diminish if you are the aggressor.
2. I don't think I can beat you. I am confident that you can't beat me.
3. Move away from kicks. Return to the inside and attack your opponent's imbalance.
4. Always let your mind lead your body.
5. Mistakes and injuries are better teachers than success.
6. If you can't be hit, you can't lose.
7. If you lack confidence in a technique you will not perform it well under stress.
8. Practice the elaborate technique. Use the simple technique in combat.
9. Keep your center of gravity. Attack your opponent's center of gravity. Let contact with the ground amplify your power.
10. My goal is to prevail in an altercation. Not engage.
1. ALWAYS be respectful to Sensei.
2. Bow when entering and leaving the Dojo.
3. Students must sign in for every class. DO NOT have parents sign in for you.
4. Be on time for class. If you are late, enter class quietly; sign in and join the class.
5. Be polite to your fellow students. Do not laugh if someone makes a mistake.
6. Always work hard and practice what you are taught.
7. Ask questions at the appropriate times-before or after class or when Sensei asks if there are any questions.
8. Do not speak out of turn-always raise your hand-do not shout out.
9. Do not leave the Dojo without permission of Sensei.
10. Gi's must be clean and obi's correctly tied.
If you have any questions about these rules, please ask Sensei.